Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? We love ice cream all year long, so adding an additional cone or two to our diet during this hot summer month is perfect!
Have you ever tried to make ice cream at home? You don’t need fancy equipment to make homemade ice cream, just a few plastic bags!
Gather the family together after supper, grab some plastic bags and in a few minutes you’ll have delicious, homemade ice cream – what a treat!
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups ice
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- In a small Ziploc bag, combine half-and-half, sugar and vanilla.
- Push out excess air and seal.
- Into a larger Ziploc bag, combine ice and salt.
- Place small bag inside the bigger bag and shake vigorously, 7 to 10 minutes, until ice cream has hardened.
- Remove from bag and enjoy with your favorite ice cream toppings.