With this month being the start of summer, many families like to spend time outside grilling and enjoying the sunshine and warm weather. Even with the various meats and dishes that accompany a summer bar-b-que, you can still keep in light! Give this flavor-packed Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt a try.
Thanks to DairyGood.org, if you follow these easy steps, you will be well on your way to having a savory and refreshing dish that is perfect dinner for a hot night.
- 3 lbs. chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- Juice from half lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 Vidalia or sweet onion, chopped (about 3/4 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Place chicken breasts into a large bowl or ziplock bag and add lemon pepper seasoning and oil. Toss around so that seasoning and oil coats all of the chicken well. (You can put in fridge to cook later at this time.)
- Place chicken on the grill. Cook on each side for about 6-8 minutes each, depending on size and thickness of chicken (meat thermometer should read 160 to 165 degrees, or use touch method).
- In a small bowl, make dressing for chicken salad by combining Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, dried tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is cooked and cooled (it’s ok if still a little warm), dice into small pieces and place in large mixing bowl. Add onion, celery and dressing and stir to combine. Season with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of: Aggie’s Kitchen